GUIDELINES TO APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
CSM is pleased to offer training scholarships for individuals wishing to attend online and seated courses. Applicants must be a member in good standing of law enforcement or corrections in full-time, part-time, reserve or volunteer positions.
The intent of scholarship awards is to facilitate training opportunities to individuals who may not otherwise be able to afford attendance to CSM training.
Full and partial scholarships are available for every CSM hosted course. Scholarships are not available for association-hosted training in which CSM is an invitee or facilitator.
Scholarships are most favorably considered in the following circumstances:
- Applicant is otherwise paying their own tuition.
- Applicant is taking vacation/leave to attend course.
- Applicant is assigned to an agency with fewer than 55 sworn personnel.
- Applicant is pursuing an avenue of study not funded by their agency.
- Applicant supports a law enforcement or corrections agency in a volunteer/reserve status.
These policies apply to all CSM scholarship applications:
- Applications must be complete and received more than 7 days prior to course commencement.
- Applicants may be the recipient of an unlimited number of online scholarships per year.
- Applicants may be the recipient of one 40-hour seated course scholarships per year.
- Applications must be submitted by the person wishing to attend training.
Once a scholarship has been awarded and accepted by the applicant, there is an understanding the applicant will attend the course in its entirety. ‘No Shows’ to courses for which a scholarship has been awarded (and accepted) will not be eligible for future scholarships or complimentary seats of any type.